Thursday, August 17, 2006

Will This Heat Ever End?

Geez! Talk about being in a heatwave! Oklahoma has had 33 days of over 100 degree temperatures. Now given the record is 50 which was set in 1980. But enough is enough. This heat is so bad already 26 people have died. I know some people just love the heat. But not me! No sir! Iam such a wimp when it comes to hot weather. And this heat is no exception. Its so bad that not a day goes by that I dont wake up feeling sick to my stomach or having some sort of bad headache. And when it gets this hot there's nothing I can do but stay indoors and stay close to the ac. There's no way anyone can function in 106 degree weather. If they say they are they are lying.
Also This week alot of high schools started back. My heart goes out to those young kids. Nothing worse then going back to school in this heat and the air conditoners don't work. Or only put out little to no air. Don't you think somebody could've checked them out say a week before the kids arrived for the first day of school.
Anyway i pray that this heatwave will be over soon. And the relief will come. It better cause Alaska is looking pretty darn good to me right about now.

No comments: